Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kamelot

Moving back into metal sub-genres for just one post, Kamelot is an interesting mix of talents. They're a power metal band, which basically means a metal band that utilizes synths, pianos, etc. Kamelot's vocalist has been trained for almost 5 years in Opera singing, which makes the lyrics a bit more suitable for those just getting into metal. The band also utilizes Latin/Italian beats and melodies in their music. These three things combined make for an incredible cross between driving metal riffs, haunting vocals, and soothing beats/melodies. I would recommend Kamelot to fans of Nightwish, Dark Tranquility, Dream Theater, Children of Bodom, Dragonforce(...), Iced Earth, and Between the Buried and Me. They're a good band to listen to if you're just getting into metal.



Above is their song "Lost and Damned", off of the album Epica. As always, their more popular songs are in the related section at the end of the video. This particular song also utilizes synthesized brass instruments, particularly a trombone if I'm correct. It's also a very good demonstration of Roy Kahn's vocal skills, which become evident immediately when he begins singing. A very unknown power metal band, but one of the best for its genre. If you have any questions, concerns, etc. about the blog, you can leave a comment here or contact me at gorefeastnb@aol.com. READ: As short as these posts are, I enjoy writing them, so I hope you enjoy reading them. Feel free to leave a comment on my latest post with a band you want me to review, I'll be more than happy to listen to them if I haven't heard them.

1 comment: