Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lostprophets

I'm not sure if I would label Lostprophets as an unknown band, but they're definitely worth mentioning here. They don't get nearly as much credit as they should, and I'll try to help as much as I can. Lostprophets started as a metal band initially, and they've released heavier albums, but I'd say their most accomplished works are those outside of their heavy music. The two more prominent albums they've released are Liberation Transmission (My personal favorite) and Start Something. I'd recommend Lostprophets to fans of Bad Religion, Blink 182, and quite honestly any punk or rock fan.



The above song, Everyday Combat, is probably one of the most underrated songs you'll ever hear. It's a little on the heavy side compared to the rest of Liberation Transmission, but it's easily one of, if  not the best, song on the album. Unfortunately I could not get a good quality version of this song, so their other songs are not in the description as far as I know. Some other songs by this band include Rooftops, A Town Called Hypocrisy, and Last Train Home. All three of those songs are about as good as Everyday Combat, and are definitely for you if you liked it.Lostprophets is definitely up there on my favorites list, particularly because their music is so great for their genre. If you have any questions, concerns, etc. about the blog, you can leave a comment here or contact me at gorefeastnb@aol.com. READ: As short as these posts are, I enjoy writing them, so I hope you enjoy reading them. Feel free to leave a comment on my latest post with a band you want me to review, I'll be more than happy to listen to them if I haven't heard them.

3 comments: