Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Les Discrets

***I apologize in advance for the lack of content in this post, there really wasn't too much I could write on this band. It was urgently requested, and I don't get that too often.***
Les Discrets (The Discrete) is what I would consider a completely unheard of band. They're a French Post-rock band, with only one full-length album out thus far. Regardless, it's a very good album. The album, titled Septembre Et Ses Dernieres Pensees (September's Last Thoughts), is 10 tracks long, roughly 45 minutes, and well worth listening to. L'echappee is the best song off of the album in my opinion, with Song For Mountains being a close second. I really don't know how to describe their style, but it's probably like a softer version of Tool, or almost like a French Punk-Progressive band.



Above is L'echappee (in case you couldn't read it...), and it's a very catchy song if you're into a sort of rough, almost progressive sound. I really can't find other  bands to relate them to, so I'd say if you like progressive sounding music, check them out. They aren't progressive, but it's the closest thing I can relate them to without saying Post-Rock, considering that's what they actually are. In short, you really just have to give this a shot. Try it out, you'll probably like them. As always, if you have any questions, comments, etc. email me at gorefeastnb@aol.com, or simply leave a comment. Views/clicks always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment