Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reel Big Fish

Another band that I've been listening to a lot of lately, Reel Big Fish is a fairly popular Ska band. Commonly confused with Streetlight Manifesto and Big D & The Kid's Table, you'll probably enjoy them if you listen to any type of Punk, Ska, or Rock. This is one of those bands that I like, and I can't see how other people don't. They combine jazz instruments (Trombone, Trumpet), as well as vocal harmonies, with a common garage band to create an awe-inspiring sound. While most of their more popular songs are covers, in my opinion they make the original song better. You can't usually say that about one cover from a band, much less multiples. However, one big song that they wrote themselves is Where Have You Been?, which is my favorite hands-down (video below). The video is a live version, because it's just better. It has a trombone solo, two trumpet solos, and a rather silly vocal solo from their Trombone/vocals, Dan Reagan.



Please bear with the quality of the video, it's well worth listening to.



And the studio version for those of you who prefer it.


The latter video has a few of their  more popular songs in the related's at the end, one of them being Everything Sucks. I don't really have much else to say, other than this: If you do not like this band, I really do feel sorry for you. As always, if you have any questions, comments, etc. email me at gorefeastnb@aol.com, or simply leave a comment. Views/clicks always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment