Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bad Religion

So I've basically done away with the "lesser known bands" rule that I was trying to stick with, and I'm just going to review great bands from here on out, lesser known or not. With that being said, I recently downloaded the entire Bad Religion discography, all 270 songs (minus live performances). Not one of their songs is what I would consider bad, although there are some filler songs on each album. While that is to be expected on a 15-20 song album, they're not  bad fillers, just fillers. Their  most recent album, which actually came out a few days ago, is one of their best works since the band's formation. The  album, which is titled The Dissent of Man, is 100% awesome throughout it. The video below will be a link to one of the songs off of it, I'm not sure which at the moment. While I decide, Bad Religion is not only a punk band, but one of the punk bands that started the revival. They're an enormous influence on almost any rock band since 1980, including bands link Blink 182, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Reel Big Fish, and Streetlight Manifesto.



Above is the second track on their new album, The Dissent of Man. It has the sound and feel of an instant classic when it comes to punk rock, even rock in general. The song, while very simplistic in nature, is incredibly catchy and well-written, as are almost all Bad Religion songs. Unfortunately, none of their better songs are in the related videos section of this one, so I'll simply list them. Infected, Sorrow, New Dark Ages, Generator, and American Jesus are songs that you've heard, even if you don't know the name. I'm going to try and catch up on my posting, I've been incredibly lazy with it lately. Expect many more posts over the next few days. As always, if you have any questions, comments, etc. email me at gorefeastnb@aol.com, or simply leave a comment. Views/clicks always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment